By Christian Wilkens
The reason you're reading this blog now is because you're interested in starting a subscription service, and then you've come to the right place, that's exactly what Sharefox does.
So let's dive into it. We have created a short cheat sheet on how to get started, which you can read below in this blog post.
1. Find your ID for your subscription
It doesn't matter if you're starting from scratch or already have a successful brand, adopting a subscription model is a great way to add a recurring revenue stream. Maybe you're in the outdoor gear business or own a major clothing franchise, a good idea is where it all starts.
2. Select the products for your subscription service
Select the products you want to offer your customers to subscribe to. Think about which items in your catalog will generate the most revenue or are best suited for a subscription service. Think about how you can deliver goods or create a self-service solution. Consider taking great photos for your website.
3. Set a price for your subscription
You can have different levels of subscription products and variants of service offerings. Find the price that suits your needs. Remember that you can offer a lower price compared to traditional one-off sales, making your offer much more attractive.
4. Build your website and management tools
Now it's time to use the images we mentioned earlier in this text. Building your website is extremely important, and it's important to do it right. Use great photos and descriptions, be clear in showing what you offer your customers. This is going to be your main platform for selling and interacting with your customers.
It is important that you distinguish between an online store (Frontend) for your customers to shop, and an admin system (backend), for you to handle orders and set up the store with products and prices.
Building a website with the right management tools that collect data from users is even more beneficial, because it allows you to analyze customer behavior, such as identifying top sellers in your product catalog, the need to add inventory, churn rates, and so on. Use a system that gives your customers full control, i.e. they do everything themselves, from ordering to checking terms and conditions to online payment and checkout.
You can easily build a website and get all the management tools you need with Sharefox .
5. Market your new subscription service
Now your idea has been developed, you have premium products to rent, your prices are top notch and you have created a modern and intuitive website for future registrations. Now the fun part starts. It's time to promote your brand. Our experience is that this is what most of our customers forget to do, mostly because it can feel like a daunting task and most people don't quite know where to start.
Here is a short list of things to consider when promoting your brand:
- In our experience, it actually starts with your products. The images and texts you assign to each product must look professional and inviting, the message must be clear to the end user.
- Build email lists of your customers and start sending out newsletters with offers and news.
- Be easy to find. Create an online presence. Build a social media page.
- Be searchable on Google and optimize your SEO
These are just a few small steps on how to get started with marketing.
If you would like to have a short chat about marketing, do not hesitate to contact us. We are more than happy to hear about your business and how we can help you.
Or if you want to learn exactly what to do and how to get started, you can download our e-book. This is a great guide on how to start a subscription service or build on an existing business.
Sharefox is an all-in-one platform for your subscription service, it doesn't matter if you are starting from scratch or already have a solid brand with an existing and well-functioning online store. We can help you get to the next level and implement a turnkey rental system that gives you full control and an easy overview of your entire service. It doesn't matter if you have an existing website. Use our API or integrate our system into your already built infrastructure. The Sharefox software is extremely versatile and flexible.
As mentioned before, we break down the myths about making major changes in your company. At a very low cost, Sharefox will quickly implement the entire system for you. Our experts will walk you through how everything works and help you grow along the way with our Sharefox Academy.
See some of the core features of our system below.
Click on the link for a full description of the function .
A customizable rental booking software. No coding required, just choose from ready-made templates and make it your own.
- A customizable online store for rentals
- Real-time product availability
- Order and payment system
- Suitable for selling, renting or ordering products
- Digital contracts and terms
Take advantage of the complete management system to run and grow your rental business based on real data insights.
- Order archives
- Flexible pricing (hours, days, weeks)
- Calendars and schedules
- Activity reports
Have full control over your inventory, offer correct information at all times and never miss a customer's order.
- Track individual devices
- Flexible storage types
- Product utilization rates
- Availability calendar
- Service orders
Combine Sharefox with your favorite software to build your unique business model.
- User identification
More about our subscription model;
Sharefox offers you a number of product subscription-related functions that are intended to support the store users and you as a manager in subscription business operations, from order placement to order fulfillment, recurring payments or order closing, for example:
- Placement of subscription order (e.g. browsing, adding to cart, cart items)
- Fulfillment of subscription order (e.g. special subscription statuses)
- Subscription switching and subscription termination processes
- Recurring subscription payments
If you want to know why you should launch a subscription service read our blog post "Why launch a subscription service in 2023?"
What are you going to do now?
When you are ready… here are 4 ways we can help you expand your rental business!
- Do you want to grow your business today? Try Sharefox rental system for free - or book a demo and get a personal expert to analyze your company's situation, come up with solutions on how you can streamline your methods and create a more profitable company.
- To learn more about the Sharefox rental system , read about trends and news for free, visit our blog or visit our resources section in the main menu. Here you can download guides and e-books that we also share with our customers.
- If you want to work with circular economy , Saas and want to be part of the Sharefox team or find out why we are one of the fastest growing rental platforms in the rental industry, see our job postings here .
- If you have a good friend or know someone who would have found this article interesting, then feel free to share it with them via email, Linkedin or Facebook .