A rental company requires an efficient and user-friendly system to have control over your entire product inventory - availability and distribution. Sharefox inventory management system is integrated with your ordering service, and helps you handle both online orders and administrator reservations.
In this article you will learn:
- How to enter and update inventory / inventory?
- How to see if furniture is available.
1. How to enter and update inventory / inventory?
All products, accessories and sales items need an inventory. This is controlled under the menu item " inventory ".
In the overview screen inventory => MAIN PRODUCTS / ACCESSORIES you get a quick overview of the number of rental units that exist under each product and you can replenish your stock.
Filter - At the top right you can filter by products - Main Products, accessories - Accessories or sales products.
Stock - number of units
Buffer - number of virtual units (units with acquisition time, but which can be booked)
Use% - utilization rate
Capacity - The calendar can be used to check the available capacity for each product. The calendar shows the number of units booked out of the total number available.
Change and update rental inventory
To update the inventory, press ITEMS to the right of each product and a list of individual rental units will appear.
To add a new device, select ADD.
- ID - automatically provided by the system
- Status - Active / Inactive - can be booked by customers, Inactive - can not be booked, and is used if the product is under repair or something
- Type Actual / Virtual - Actual is a real product that you have in stock, virtual is a product with acquisition time. How many days the acquisition time is controlled under the product's settings.
- Location - You must allocate a product to a department in order to be booked.
- Supplier name - name of the supplier of the product
- S.product id - the product ID - is used if you need to allocate a product to an order. For example, a registration number on a trailer
- S. product name - for example model number
- Note - enter notes that accompany each object. For example: out for service
Sales products / Purchasing overview for consumables
Sales products provide a purchasing overview that is managed and added in bulk. Here is an explanation of the possibilities:
- Items in stock - Quantity in stock
- Reorder level - minimum before new order
- Last order - When you ordered / updated the inventory last time
- Last quantity - How many you ordered last time
- Last purchase price - Last purchase price
- Report - Executes a shopping list that you can download in excel
To edit the list, it is done per product.
For the first time, you put a new stock. This is done by pressing UPDATE> RESET STOCK LEVEL.
Then you choose how many you have in stock. Can also be used to correct exact inventory along the way.
For purchasing and replenishing new inventory, you can select UPDATE> ADD ITEMS
It is important to note that the number of units is the number of new units to be added. These are added to the number you have in the inventory from before, but do not apply when setting up the product for the first time - then RESET STOCK LEVEL must be used.
2. How do I see if the product is available?
You can see if products are available from the webshop / online store page or inside the admin page.
The customer can check availability on the website. Touch the product you want to see and select the date. The calendar opens and shows what are available times for rent.
The picture shows that April 17 and 18 are busy.
Administrator - Inventory overview
If you are an administrator, you can also go to the inventory page "Inventory", from there you can see all the products and can see how much they have been rented out (utilisation rate), how many have been rented out and when they have been rented out.